The easier it is for you to get your packages delivered, the easier it is for you to shop at Amazon. And Amazon just made getting your packages delivered even easier.
Ahead of the upcoming Prime Day, and following Amazon Locker, Amazon Key, Amazon Key in-Car, and Amazon’s delivery robot Scout, the company has announced Amazon Counter to help make shopping at Amazon even easier.
See below for more information about Prime Day deals.
Last week Amazon launched Counter, a new way to get packages delivered. With Counter, Amazon customers can get their packages delivered to a Rite Aid store and pick it up at their convenience, right at the Rite Aid counter.
Amazon customers in the U.S. can have packages delivered to a participating Rite Aid store and pick up the package without having to worry about the package being damaged by the elements or swiped by a thief. Amazon Counter in the U.S. is an expansion of Counter in the U.K. at NEXT stores and in Italy at Giunti Al Punto Librerie, Fermopoint and SisalPay stores
How Amazon Counter Works
To use Amazon Counter, look for an option at checkout for delivery to a Counter location near you. If Counter is available nearby, you can choose the Rite Aid where you want the package to be delivered. Amazon will show you the store hours, as Counter packages can only be picked up when the store is open.
Amazon will send you an email with a code to pick up your package, along with a reminder of where you will be picking up the package and the store’s hours. You’ll have 14 days to pick up your package at the store.
Head to the store and show the code to the cashier. After the code is scanned your package will be handed to you. Easy peasy!
This video shows how Amazon Counter works:
Availability of Amazon Counter
Amazon Counter is available now at 100 Rite Aid stores across the U.S. and will expand to 1500 Rite Aid stores by the end of 2019. Amazon has plans to expand Counter to other retail partners in the U.S., though no other partners have been announced yet.
Do you think Counter will be an easy and convenient way to get your Amazon packages? Would you use Counter if it were available at a store near you? Would you be more likely to shop at a store if it had Amazon Counter available?
Share your thoughts in the Comments section below!
Amazon Prime Day 2019
Amazon Prime Day is coming soon, July 15 and 16 this year, with special deals for Amazon Prime members. Amazon is already celebrating Prime Day with deals starting early.
Beginning July 3, Prime members who spend $10 or more at Whole Foods will get a $10 Amazon coupon for Prime Day.
Other Prime Day deals begin today. From Amazon:
- Amazon Devices – Save $100 on Fire TV Recast, now starting at just $129.99 so you can cut the cord and record live over the air content for free. Plus, starting July 8, save $80 on Ring Video Doorbell Pro and an Echo Dot, just $169.
- Amazon Music – Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months of the premium streaming tier for just $0.99 and enjoy unlimited access to more than 50 million songs, ad-free.
- Prime Video – Enjoy 50% off rentals on a collection of popular movies – starting from just $1.99.
- Twitch Prime – Prime members can unlock exclusive Legend and weapon skins for Apex Legends, and content from multiple EA SPORTS titles.
- Audible –Save 66% on your first 3 months of Audible – just $4.95 a month. Or save $30 when you sign up for an annual Audible membership and get an Echo Dot for just $0.99.
- Kindle Unlimited – Prime members who haven’t yet tried Kindle Unlimited can get their first three months of unlimited reading free when they sign up.
- Amazon Fashion – Save up to 30% on Tommy Hilfiger men’s and women’s clothing, up to 30% on clothing from the Tommy Hilfiger Adaptive line, which are styles that make dressing easier for those with disabilities, and up to 30% on Tommy Hilfiger shoes, accessories and more, as well as up to 70% savings on Seafolly Australia Swimwear, up to 50% savings on athletic shoes from Reebok, Puma, and more, and up to 30% savings on kid’s and baby styles from Gerber, The Children’s Place, and more, among other deals across Amazon Fashion.
- Amazon Brands – Save up to 50% off women’s active wear from Amazon Essentials, Core 10 and Starter, up to 40% on men’s shirts from Goodthreads, Buttoned Down and Amazon Essentials, up to 30% on women’s styles from Daily Ritual, up to 20% off furniture and décor from Rivet, Stone & Beam, and Ravenna Home, up to 20% off AmazonBasics, and up to 30% off everyday essentials from Solimo, Presto!, and Happy Belly, among others.
- Prime Now: Save up to 40% on the best of Amazon with free two-hour delivery on orders of $35 or more. Plus, new Prime Now customers can receive $15 off their order of $35 or more.
- AmazonFresh: Save up to 40% on groceries when shopping AmazonFresh. Plus, new AmazonFresh customers can get $15 off their first order of $35 or more.
- Prime Book Box – Prime members who are new to Prime Book Box can get 30% off their first box – just $13.99 for hand-picked children’s books delivered every 1, 2, or 3 months.
Don’t want to forget about Prime Day? Amazon can help you remember. Ask Alexa, “Remind me to shop for deals on Prime Day” to get a helpful reminder.
This video shows how Amazon is preparing for Prime Day: