What time is it? March Madness Time! That’s right, basketball fans, it’s that time of year again, time for the NCAA basketball tournament, a favorite for fans of basketball and office pools.
If you’ve got a smartphone, iPad or a Kindle Fire, you’re in luck. You can enjoy NCAA action on the go!
1. NCAA March Madness Live lets you fill out your NCAA bracket and track it during the tournament. You can follow live scores and player stats and get alerts for upsets, overtime games, close games and your favorite team.
NCAA March Madness Live is not currently available in the iTunes App Store.
2. CBS Sports gives you the latest scores and stats for the NCAA Tournament, along with comprehensive coverage of every game. This app is available for free in the iTunes App Store for the iPad.
3. College Basketball Scoreboard up-to-the-minute college basketball scores, schedules and all the latest news stories. College Basketball Scoreboard is available free for the iPad/iPhone and iPod Touch in the iTunes App Store.
4. Yahoo! Sportacular gives you breaking news, player stats, TV programming information and much more. Yahoo! Sportacular is a free app for the iPad in the iTunes App Store.
5. ESPN ScoreCenter is an app that brings you breaking news and live reports of scores during the game. You can customize this app to follow your favorite teams. ESPN Score Center is available for free for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch in the iTunes App Store.
6. Think you’re an expert on March Madness? Check out the NCAA March Madness Trivia App that will quiz you all about the NCAA tournament. The faster you answer, the higher your score! This app is not currently available.
7. Bleacher Report/Team Stream brings you breaking news about your favorite team from top sports news sources. Team Stream is a free app from Bleacher Report for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch in the iTunes App Store.
8. Slam Dunk Basketball is a game that makes you feel as if you’re part of the action on the court. Try to sink as many baskets as possible within 90 seconds. You get extra time for scoring clean shots. Compare your score with others on the leader board and try to get into the Hall of Fame.
Slam Dunk Basketball is available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch for free in the iTunes App Store with in-app purchases available.
9. SportCaster is a fun app if you’re not just a basketball fan, but a Twitter fan as well. Easily follow the live tweets of your favorite team or for the entire tournament. Follow journalists, coaches, players or follow hashtags to make sure you don’t miss a tweet about your team.
SportCaster Pro: Twitter is available for free for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch in the iTunes App Store with an in-app purchase available for the Pro version (ad-free) for $4.99.
10. TheScore Mobile is both a sports news source and the definitive authority on stats. Follow the breaking news on your favorite team and easily access in-depth stats to satisfy your curiosity. TheScore Mobile is free for the iPhone iPad and iPod Touch in the iTunes App Store.
Do you enjoy the NCAA tournament? Do you use apps to follow along? Let us know in the Comments section below!
Also make sure to check out other March Madness apps reviewed at The Wonder of Tech: